My Newest Project - Check it out.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Gone Fishin'

Logan had his first fishing trip on the 21st. We sure had fun. Logan, Daddy and Grandpa. We went in the middle of the day (when fish usually don't bite) and caught a perfect 13-14" fish on the 3rd cast. I'm 110% sold on the idea that Jake's Lures are the best. Gold or Silver with red dots really get the fish biting. Quite frequently I'll cast once and get a solid hit.

(credit: jakeslures.com )
Additionally, I've always fished the local (and sometimes not so local lakes) but after enjoying a dinner of perfect fish with butter, garlic and lime, I think i'm sold on river fish. :)

Part of the special preparation gear. Grandpa and Logan's hat.


I really am amazed how much of a natural Logan is with casting. I got him a Scooby Doo fishing pole (one of the miniatures, abt. 3') that comes with a 2.5" orange plastic fish that acts as a good weight to practice casting with. He practices in the house all the time. He can seriously cast it about 30-40'. After I gave him a hook, I could tell that it took some getting-used-to, I was proud that he only got it in his clothes once or twice. Grandpa sure helped with the coaching. After the first keeper and a couple bites I caught a small one. I let Logan reel it in and release it, he sure loved it. I think he's now got the fishing bug. Everytime we're driving around and he sees a lake or river he says Daddy or Mommy, we could fish there. ;)




-- (( That's ma boy )) --


One secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.
- Benjamin Disraeli

If you want to achieve things in life, you've just got to do them, and if you're talented and smart, you'll succeed.
- Juliana Hatfield



“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. Christopher Robin to Pooh”

A. A. Milne (creator of Winnie-the-Pooh, 1882-1956)



2 Caring Friends left a message:

Jessica said...

That's awesome! There are a TON of great fishing places in WA....not that you won't be busy when you come. But if you want, Kevin can show you some fun places....you can even go deep sea fishing. We have definitely been converted to seafood since moving here!

Unknown said...

Hey Kerry, How's it going? I saw your comment on our Blog. Yes I am still in SF and still at Cpix. Looks like things are going well. By the way where was at that you were fishing? It looked like a ton of fun. Glad to see you are taking your boy fishing.