My Newest Project - Check it out.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Parent's Prayer


Empty Hearts, because of empty hands
Empty bed and several changed plans
-
Will it stop I know not when
Will the opportunity come again
-
Will he get to play with another
Would it be a sister or a brother
-
Toys that sit for another time
Waiting on a nursery rhyme
-
Of my blessings, I have to think
Of my gratitude I will not shrink
-
My father is at the helm
Even when my feelings overwhelm
-
Thanks for the opportunity to grow
And of thy love I better know
-
Here we are father, my family of three
Kneeling down in gratitude and praying to thee

-Kerry

6 Caring Friends left a message:

Gage said...

Beautifully put Kerry, our prayers are with you too.

Greyfox said...

Kerry, you have more poetic might and insight in your pinky than I have in my entire family!

This really hits home for us with the loss of Joshua. Our hearts and prayers are with you!

Kaela Cusack said...

Kerry & family,
What a bummer this has all been. You have the right attitude-faith, prayers, and optimism. Beautifully written poem.
That picture of the empty crib breaks my heart! I know that there are others out there just waiting for you. Hopefully it won't be too long.
Kaela

Unknown said...

I am totally heart sick. Your faith is amazing. You are in our prayers...
Michelle
the fitz clan

Jessica said...

You guys are A-MAZ-ING. We are praying for you.

Becca said...

I just heard the news- our best friends, the Burningham's, are in your new ward and she told me yesterday. I'm so sad for you guys! I just wanted you to know that we are thinking of you and hope that you can find some peace.